Book review :D

by 12:00 AM 0 comments


At the moment, I am reading Si Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata by Ricky Lee. I haven't gotten to read for pleasure over the past month so this was really, really fun.

Currently, I am on page 45 of the book and I have to say that the author really did a good job on introducing each of his characters to the readers. Being a bred city girl, I really appreciated the author's description of the Morato district in Quezon City.  If I've been to the place for work or when my father used to bring me along to his office, I don't remember. But I look forward to visiting Morato soon.

I had my copy of the book signed by Ricky Lee himself when he visited UPLB last November. He seemed like a serious guy, formal and reserved. That's why I did not expect that he was able to execute the use of gay speak in his novel. Amapola is a multi-dimensional character and her gay aspect really makes her a relatable character.

I have yet to reach the meatier, political part of the novel.  I'll update this post when I get to finish the book!


jannilleabbie

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment